Purchased 11 years ago (2011). There is some wear, but still good traction--see photos of soles.
Don't trust listings that don't give you a purchase date and detailed photos of any wear/damage.
This boot begs for abuse again and again. We used a new tapered 8mm high density Nylon® that provides a smooth flex and protection throughout the boot, which allows for new-matic crampon compatibility and long lasting consistent flex.
• Ideal terrain: General mountaineering and heavy backpacking
• The 2.8mm Idro-Perwanger leather upper is ideal for water repellency, breathability and durability
• An SBR Aircushion sole provides cushion and helps insulate from cold or hot climates
• Aggressive Vibram® sole
• Multi-directional 3D Flex™ hinge promotes easy flex and a faster break-in period
• Compatible with various non-automatic and semi-automatic crampons. Crampon compatibility is NOT ensured, and boot-crampon compatibility needs to be inspected