Bought these spring of last year 2021 and used them on the hill a few times before deciding to stick with my resort boots. There are a few scuffs on the boots but are in excellent shape as you will see in the attached photos.
These are splitboard specific boots so have many features catered to that sport.
From the manufacturer:
The Salomon Trek S/Lab boots are built for the rider that needs a stiff and responsive boot for riding steep, powdery lines after they have just sweat it out to the top of a backcountry objective. Featuring a Boa Trek closure system and Salomon's Articulated Hike Cuff, The S/Lab's provide a smooth flex and an increased range of motion that allows full strides for heading up the skintrack efficiently. A fully heat-moldable liner with a Trek Lace closure offers a custom fit, while the Ortholite C3 footbed gives support and added comfort for long days in the mountains. Finally, the Trek EC+ outsole ensures you have plenty of traction and shock absorption for bootpacking or getting airborne off of natural features. Dominate backcountry freeride terrain with these snowboard boots.
- Stiff flex gives response and support for steeper terrain
- Hike and Ride BOA system provides quick adjustments and zonal lacing
- Articulated Hike Cuff increases range for efficient striding
- Full Custom Fit liner is heat-moldable to provide a custom fit
- Ortholite C3 footbed offers support and absorbs impact
- Trek EC+ rubber sole gives traction for bootpacking any snow type