For 2018, Salomon continues with the success of its new QST ski lineup, dethroning the old Rocker2 and Q series. Right in the middle is the Salomon QST 99, a mid-fat all-mountain ski that is hyper versatile and promises stable turns and quick slashes everywhere on the mountain. A true multipurpose ski, its ultra-modern design has all the new technological innovations: titanium reinforcing for more stiffness, Twin Rocker for more versatility in every snow condition, and light tips for swift negotiating in tough terrain.
The QST 99 is a ski that lets you drop in to any run without investigating the snow conditions first, knowing you will be just fine. In fresh snow, chop, and day-old crud, you will discover a powerful and robust ski that floats without effort and tracks right where you point it. The double rocker keeps it on the surface allowing its owner to enjoy its handling to lay trenches everywhere. Even on groomed runs, the edge-to-edge transitions happen very intuitively and the ski offers phenomenal edge hold.
* Length: 188cm
* Dimensions: 138 - 99 - 120 mm
* Radius: 19m
* Twin Rocker Profile: Long, medium height rocker profile at the tip and tail enables easy pivoting with maximum floatation and maneuverability in powder. Camber underfoot for stability and edge grip.
* Carve Zone: Provides smooth pivoting in all conditions and edge responsiveness when carving on hardpack.
* Hook-free taper on tips and tails make initiating turns and steering easier in soft and variable snow
* Single Ti Laminate: A single layer of titanium reinforcement for great edge grip and efficient enery transfer.
* Full Sandwich Sidewalls 360: Full Sandwich, ABS Sidewall Construction, extending around the entire sidewall delivers increased ski-to-snow contact.
* Pulse Pad: A layer of rubber along the edges for a smoother ride and improved ski-snow contact.
* CFX Superfiber: Unique prepreg fiber layer consisting of 40% Carbon and 60% Flax Fiber woven together, running the full length of the ski. Combines high strength with very low weight.
* Total Edge Reinforcement: Fiber reinforcement directly on top of edges improves durability, edge grip, and shock resistance.
* Spaceframe 3.0 FR Construction: Combines Carbon Flax and a Power Transfer Platforms to decrease ski weight for outstanding performance on hard and soft snow.
* Koroyd Tip and Tail: More float, less flop. Super light honeycomb/Koroyd tail insert with ABS. Less weight at the extremities with increased dampening increased maneuverability and ease of steering on rockered skis.
* Inverted 3D Woodcore: Internally milled woodcore.
* MPN: 398632