Introducing: Geartrade Consignment Selling—the Simplest Way to Sell Your Gear!
If you have extra ski boots, climbing shoes, rain jackets, or camping gear lying around, you might have thought of selling it on Geartrade. (Maybe you already sold it on Geartrade!) But maybe you got snagged on the “dealing with it” part. You didn’t feel like writing a description, taking and uploading photos, or deciding a listing price.
We’ve worked hard to make those steps easier than you could even imagine. (See guides here and here and here!) But if it feels like a pain, we have wonderful news: we’re launching a new option for how to sell on Geartrade. It is now easier than ever to sell your gear on Geartrade. With our new Consignment Selling option you can finally reclaim your gear closet. Send it in. We take care of the rest.
Essentially, this is the zero-hassle way to unload your stuff for money. You just make sure your stuff is nice and clean, request a shipping label from us, drop it in the mail, and let us do the photographing, listing, selling, and buyer shipping. We take a small cut for our handiwork, and you get paid the rest via your method of choice. Boom.
Here’s the lowdown:
- Peek around your closet, garage, and basement for gear you oughta sell. Got some perfectly usable stuff? Good.
- Click on our “Sell with us” page and request a free shipping label. We’ll even send you a shipping box or bag if you need it!
- Print the label and stuff your box with your gently used gear and clothing. It doesn’t cost you anything to put more stuff in there, so add in whatever you feel like selling.
- Drop it off at any FedEx box, Walgreens, or Dollar General.
- When we receive it, we’ll do all the listing work for you and will even suggest a selling price for you to approve.
- Get paid when your gear sells. We send it to the buyer, and you simply choose if you want your money via Paypal, Venmo, or direct deposit.
That’s it. Not to brag, but we’re rather proud to be a full service operation! We figure by making it extra easy for you to sell, we’re helping you and helping keep old gear out of the landfills (and dusty closets).
You may have a few questions about how the details work, so we’ve put together all the nitty-gritty on this page. The most frequent question is what we do with gear that doesn’t sell. Basically, we keep it listed for 120 days, and if it hasn’t sold then, we give you three options: you can slash the price to 90% off retail price so someone snaps it up, or you can have us donate it to a good cause, or you can have us send the item back to you (in which case, you’d pay the shipping cost).
If this all sounds pretty fair and easy, that’s because it is!
Beth Lopez is a seasoned writer and creative director who loves to tell tales of adventure and discovery—and finds writing a powerful way to give a voice to people, causes, and places. Beth runs amok in the Wasatch mountains when untethered from her computer. She believes there’s no such thing as a bad ski day and considers animals her favorite people. Don’t tell her mother about her Instagram mountaineering photos.
It is now easier than ever to sell your gear on Geartrade. With our new Consignment Selling option you can finally reclaim your gear closet. Send it in. We take care of the rest.